Privacy Notice & Cookies Policy
Last updated: 6/16/2021
Astellas Pharma Global Development, Inc. (“Astellas“) respects your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains who we are and how we collect, share and process personal data about you if you visit and use Astellas clinical trials website and how you can exercise your privacy rights.
What does Astellas do?
Astellas Pharma Global Development, Inc. (APGD) is a US-based companysubsidiary, which is one of five Research and Development bases in the US. APGD is part of the Astellas global pharmaceutical business, whose ultimate parent company is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. Our mission is to improve the lives of patients in the following key areas: transplantation, urology, oncology and anti-infectives. For more information about Astellas, please see click here.
What personal data does Astellas collect and why?
The personal information collected by Astellas on this website broadly falls into the following categories and is used for the following purposes:
- Information that you provide voluntarily
If you want to receive more information about an Astellas clinical trial, we will ask you to provide certain information voluntarily. The types of information we ask you to provide, and the reasons why we ask you to provide it, include:
|Types of personal information||Why we collect it|
Types of personal informationa) Name and Surname b) Email Address c) Country
Why we collect itWe collect and retain Personal Information where we have an ongoing and legitimate business need to do so (for example, in order to respond to any enquiry you may have for additional information about a clinical trial).
- Information that we collect automatically
Astellas Cookies Policy
|Type of Cookies||Description||Cookies Name|
Type of CookiesStrictly Necessary Cookies (always active)
DescriptionThese cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
Cookies NameOptanonConsent, OptanonAlertBoxClosed, __cfduid
Type of CookiesPerformance Cookies (optional)
DescriptionThese cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
Cookies Name_ga, _gat_UA-nnnnnnn-nn, _gid
Who does Astellas share my personal data with?
We disclose your personal data to the following categories of recipients:
- to our group companies, third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us, including the company Informa who hosts this website on our behalf, or who otherwise process personal data for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal data. A list of our current group companies is available here https://www.astellas.com/en/worldwide;
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to a potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal data only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Astellas does not, and will not without consent, sell your information to third parties.
Legal basis for processing personal data
We will collect and process the personal data described above because we have your consent to do so and where the processing is in our legitimate interests to operate this website and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you such as if there is a requirement to report an adverse event for our products. If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal data, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
How does Astellas keep my personal data secure?
We use technical and organisational measures to protect the personal data that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal data.
International data transfers
Your personal data is transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective). Specifically, the servers that we use to host your personal data are located in USA, and our group companies and third party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal data we may process it in any of these countries. We have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal data will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice. These include implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal data between our group companies, which require all group companies to protect personal data they process from the EEA in accordance with European Union data protection laws. We implement similar appropriate safeguards with our third party service providers and partners and further details can be provided upon request.
We retain personal data we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to assess your enquiry and respond to it). We retain personal data we collect from you only according to our internal data retention policies.
Your data protection rights
We respond to requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with all applicable data protection laws.
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal data, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- In addition, you may be entitled to object to processing of your personal data, ask us to restrict processing of your personal data or request portability of your personal data. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal data with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area are available here.)
Use of this Website by minors
We do not intend for our websites or online services to be used by anyone under the age of 18.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.